Saturday, March 31, 2007

New ROTJ Cape Version 2.0

I cannot believe I could have been that reckless those so many years ago. My first costume was supposed to be an ESB Fett, but I clearly had a ROTJ style cape.

This is one of many Found-Items on Boba Fetts costume. It is made from a US army Shelter Half. One half of the tent was carried by one guy while the other half of the tent was carried by someone else. When put together it made a large pup tent for two.

I bought two tents to make sure I got one that was the correct stitching. I ended up making four capes out of the two tents, and sold three. The fourth and last cape is the one I am keeping for my ROTJ costume.

I have not weathered the cape yet as I am still trying to locate all the holes in the proper location and size. I used several reference photos from The Magic of the Myth to get the stitching as close as I could to the original.


No comments: