Sunday, April 08, 2007

New ROTJ Flight Suit Version 1.0


I also had this Jumpsuit tailor made by skygunbro. It is a light shade of gray cotton material. It wrinkles really badly so Ironing this baby will be a must. And like my first Jumpsuit, I dyed it a shade of blue, then faded it to get it more of a gray. Why? Simply, to make it more screen accurate. The Original costume, was actually blue. The Jumpsuit used in ROTJ was either the same Jumpsuit used in ESB, or was from the re-production costume. By the time ROTJ had come around, the blue dye had faded so much that the gray came through. Then with some heavy air brush weathering with shades of brown is what gives it it's current color.
I did some modifying of this jumpsuit to make it more to my liking. I removed the existing collar and added the turtle neck. I also removed that folded strip around the belt line. Not really sure what that was there for. I then stitched the short sleeves over each other for that layered look. The original just had stitch lines to imitate that, but I wanted the real thing.

No comments: